Deaf dog that was stung by thousands of bees was lucky to be saved
Deaf dog that was stung by thousands of bees was lucky to be saved.
As if being stung by thousands of bees wasn’t already bad enough, he was abandoned at a shelter after the incident by his family.
The deaf Pit Bull arrived at the shelter covered with life-threatening blisters all over his body. Rescuers later gave him the name Stinger.
They intended to put the dog to death because they could not treat him.
At that point, Carri Shipaila, owner of LuvnPupz Rescue in Greater Grand Rapids, Michigan, intervened to provide assistance. She jumped in her car as soon as she learned about Stinger and drove nearly an hour to pick him up from the shelter.
She instantly started working to save Stinger’s life when his family regrettably denied to take him. His stings, a later skin infection, and sarcoptic mange were all treated.
Regrettably, he ended up developing the autoimmune disease Pemphigus, which would affect him for the rest of his life.
He will never be available for adoption due to the high costs of his care, but he did found a loving forever home with a foster and will continue to get care and therapy through LuvnPupz.
Since being abandoned at the shelter, Stinger has come a long way. His excruciating blisters are now healed, and he wears a stunning white coat.
He is thriving in his new life in a loving home and is such a happy, loving dog!